How to reach Basel airport from Lauterbrunnen

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Jakay
Jakay
41 posts
Jun 12, 2019 - 6:18 AM

After finishing my trip in Switzerland, I'll take my flight from Basel airport ( Basel-Mulhouse-Freiburg airport, swiss sector) to my next destination in France. I'll be staying in Lauterbrunnen. I checked SBB timetable to see the train times and routes. Please help me with the following questions:

1...What is the correct Basel airport name I should enter while purchasing ticket: Basel Euroairport or Basel euroairport, Verwaltung?

2...Assuming that it might be Basel Euroairport, Sbb website shows me this route: Take train from Lauterbrunnen to Basel SBB station ( with one change at Interlaken ost). Then from SBB station platform 10, walk 6 min to arrive at Platform B and then take bus to Euroairport. I would like to know,

is 6 min enough to walk along with luggage and reach platform B?

Where is the bus station at platform B? Where to store luggage on the bus?

As the bus will cross the Switzerland border to reach airport, do I have to take another ticket for that part of the journey which is across the border?

3...Just in case, we drive to Basel airport instead of taking train, do I keep extra time for morning traffic and toll roads? And is there any passport checks or other border security which might take some extra time? My flight is at 10:30 am and I intend to reach airport at 8:30 am

rockoyster
rockoyster
6316 posts
expert
Jun 12, 2019 - 9:42 AM in reply to Jakay

You are overthinking it. 😉

Just follow the timetable instruction from Lauterbrunnen to Basel EuroAirport.

It will all be clearly sign-posted.

Arno
Arno
13257 posts
expert &
Jun 12, 2019 - 2:32 PM

I agree with Rockoyster. It's an easy trip, and it won't be easier with a car (probably harder at that time). Here's some additional information: www.myswissalps.com/ai rports/basel.

1960man
1960man
1698 posts
top member
Jun 12, 2019 - 11:40 PM in reply to Jakay

Use the destination Basel Euroairport

The bus from Basel SBB is a Basel City Transport local bus , route 50. Platform B is just a pavement (sidewalk) outside the front doors of Basel SBB main station concourse (there is the option of a map view if you are on the SBB web site booking the journey).

Once you arrive in Basel you should be fine, as the bus runs every 10 minutes or so

You do not cross the Swiss border. The airport is located in French Territory but the bus uses a security fenced 'customs-free' road through French land to get to the Swiss sector

Last modified on Jun 12, 2019 - 11:41 PM by 1960man
Jakay
Jakay
41 posts
Jun 13, 2019 - 12:04 AM

1960man.

Thank you so much for the detailed explanation. It helped a lot to understand it clearly

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019