Which pass for 4 days, train Paris to Interlaken

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Joecool01
Joecool01
1 post
Mar 14, 2019 - 4:19 PM

Hi ! I’m planning a 4 days visit to Interlaken from Paris by train, but I don’t know how to get the cheapest way to get there. My question is “ Can I buy the Swiss half fare card to get the train ticket also to used during my visit to the Apls? Which one are the smartest and cheapest way to do the travel ?

thanks !

Maria
Maria
394 posts
top member &
Mar 14, 2019 - 5:30 PM

Hi Joe and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Lovely area to visit. The best pass will depend on how much travel you are planning during your stay, and whether you will stay in the region or travel across Switzerland (for example if you have a flight to catch from one of the international airports at the end).

It would be best to build a detailed itinerary, then use the spreadsheet that can be found on this link to compare prices: www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses/prac tical/chooserailpass

A good option if you are planning to stay in the area, might be the Jungfrau Travel Pass: www.myswissalps.com/ju ngfrautravelpass

Trains to Interlaken go via Basel. Depending on which pass you buy, you might only need to buy a ticket from Paris to Basel www.myswissalps.com/tr aintickets/france, and the rest could be covered by your pass (for example if you get a Swiss Travel Pass www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass)

The Swiss Half Fare Card tends to work out better if you are staying here for longer, however you can also have a look at it here: www.myswissalps.com/sw isshalffarecard

Hope this helps, if in doubt just come back to us once you've worked out your itinerary!

Maria.

Last modified on Mar 16, 2019 - 11:28 AM by Arno

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019