Pilatus from Kriens and descend to Alpnachstad?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
hoho66
hoho66
21 posts
Jul 24, 2019 - 6:08 PM

Can I start from Kriens to Frakmuntegg ,then Pilatus Kulm ,and then descent to Alpnachstad and ending with the boat back to Luzern ?

rockoyster
rockoyster
7302 posts
expert
Jul 24, 2019 - 8:34 PM in reply to hoho66

Yes, that’s the best way in my opinion.

Annika
Annika
6002 posts
expert &
Jul 25, 2019 - 7:36 AM in reply to hoho66

Hi hoho66. Sure, that's a great round trip! It's described at www.myswissalps.com/pi latus/gettingthere (the other way around, but the direction of traveling can easily be reversed).

hoho66
hoho66
21 posts
Jul 25, 2019 - 3:14 PM

Great thanks ! I will do that tomorrow n start from Kriens !thanks so much

Annika
Annika
6002 posts
expert &
Jul 26, 2019 - 10:33 AM

Have fun, hoho66!

Reshanty
Reshanty
1 post
Aug 5, 2019 - 3:49 PM in reply to hoho66

Hi there, we are going to do the same route as yours in early september, wondering how's your trip? Do you buy the tickets in advanced or on the spot? do you use any pass at all? Thanks in advance.

Arno
Arno
13973 posts
expert &
Aug 5, 2019 - 5:52 PM

Hi Reshanty,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! For ticketing details, please see www.myswissalps.com/pi latus/tickets. Whether or not to buy a pass depends on all of your trips in Switzerland combined. Please see www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses/prac tical/chooserailpass.

hoho66
hoho66
21 posts
Aug 6, 2019 - 8:49 PM in reply to Reshanty

Hi Reshanty,

Yes, , it was great and as Arno described,it is the best way to travel Pilatus.

I did not buy the tickets in advance , I just buy it in spot with the Swiss travel pass which get 50% discount. If u want to play those activities , do that first otherwise lots of people in line and long waiting !I do that in the morning.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019