Validation of the Swiss Travel Pass

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
jessa6
jessa6
2 posts
Oct 9, 2019 - 2:06 PM

Hi, would anyone know that the Swiss travel pass will activate based on the time I’ve used or regardless of any time, it will still be activate on the day I’ve selected? Thanks

Ildiko
Ildiko
340 posts
top member &
Oct 9, 2019 - 3:11 PM in reply to jessa6

Hi Jessa6 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Usually there is no need to validate your Swiss Travel Pass. If you are not using your Swiss Travel Pass on a particular day, it is still active. For example if you have bought it from tomorrow, it is still active, even if you do not use it today just only from tomorrow. Read more about how to use the Swiss Travel Pass at www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/howtouse.

I hope this helps, if you have further questions, let us know.

Last modified on Oct 9, 2019 - 3:12 PM by Ildiko
jessa6
jessa6
2 posts
Oct 9, 2019 - 3:15 PM in reply to Ildiko

Thanks for the quick respond. So for example, I will be arriving in Zurich on 28/10 and probably will select this date for the start of the STP. And then will be leaving on the 05/11 but my flight is at 10am. So would you suggest that I should select the activation date on 28/10 or 29/10 since I only want to buy the 8 days STP.

hope to hear from you soon. Thanks.

Ildiko
Ildiko
340 posts
top member &
Oct 9, 2019 - 3:47 PM in reply to jessa6

It depends on your itinerary. Where would you use your Swiss Travel Pass on 28/10 and on 05/11? You should calculate which one would cost you less on full price (without the Swiss Travel Pass) and choose accordingly the validity of your Swiss Travel Pass. You can find the prices in the timetable at www.myswissalps.com/ti metable. (For example Zurich train station - Zurich airport would cost you 6,80 CHF on full price).

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019