Home  ▶  Get in touch  ▶  Forum  ▶  Bernina or Glacier Express vs Lake Geneva scenery

Bernina or Glacier Express vs Lake Geneva scenery

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Khawbl
Khawbl
1 post
Apr 24, 2019 - 2:00 PM

I will be hiking mont blanc, most probably whole circuit, n spending a few days in switzerland. Is it worthwhile for me to take glacier or bernina express (as scenery may be similar when i hike) or do i see something different? Or should i go around lake geneva instead

1960man
1960man
2313 posts
top member
Apr 24, 2019 - 10:29 PM in reply to Khawbl

The Glacier and Bernina Expresses won't get you any different 'type' of scenery in terms of snowy Alpine mountains than around Mont Blanc, just a view of a different region's mountains. The highest peaks in the Swiss Alps are at the western end of the Alpine chain so just visiting Zermatt would get you the the '4000'ers

Steph
Steph
2020 posts
top member &
Apr 25, 2019 - 5:59 AM in reply to Khawbl

Hello Khawbl,

What a nice hike you've planned! Fabulous.

As 1960man says, if you think you might be in need of a change of scenery then the two scenic train trips will not offer lots of variety to what you experience when hiking, apart from the different way of transportation, this is.
- www.myswissalps.com/gl acierexpress
- www.myswissalps.com/be rninaexpress

In the Lake Geneva Region you could find some different scenery, vineyards and water, e.g.
For inspiration go here:
- www.myswissalps.com/so uthwestswitzerland
- www.myswissalps.com/la kegeneva
- www.myswissalps.com/la kegenevawest
- www.myswissalps.com/ge neva
- www.myswissalps.com/mo ntreux

If you would like to add some hiking/walking during that time here an easy idea:
- www.myswissalps.com/hi king/lutry-epesses

Hope this helps your decision.

Best,
Steph

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019