About us | Contact | n%2Fa | n%2Fa
Home Get in touch Forum Travelling to Switzerland - vaccine requirement
MySwissAlps features commercial and non-commercial links.

Travelling to Switzerland - vaccine requirement

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Gagancurl
Gagancurl
1 post
Jun 10, 2021 - 6:44 PM

Information regarding entry requirements to Switzerland state that vaccination must be within the previous six months. We are planning a trip to Swiitzerland in September an were vaccinated in January (eight months). There is not a booster shot available. Does anyone have information as to how that will be handled?

Anna
Anna
1113 posts
top member &
Jun 11, 2021 - 8:43 AM in reply to Gagancurl

Hi Gagancurl,

Thank you for joining MySwissAlps.

Unfortunately, it is still unclear how the digital health certificate is being administered in Switzerland. I expect we might get more information on this as well as information about travelling restrictions for vaccinated travellers, in the next round of reopening (possibly 30 June).

Please read our updated links in the first post here: www.myswissalps.com/forum/topic/does-the-corona-virus-affect-trips-to-switzerland

Regards,

Anna

Last modified on Jun 11, 2021 - 8:47 AM by Anna
Mark
Mark
603 posts
top member
Jun 12, 2021 - 12:29 AM in reply to Anna

I have a trip to Switzerland planned for September and my wife and I will have exceeded the 6 months limit on when we had our 2nd dose. We are considering getting a second vaccine which is a terrible waste. Hopefully Switzerland will drop the 6 months limit but we will have to make a decision on getting a second vaccine within the next month or so. I am not too hopeful that the 6 month requirement will be amended.

Another consideration others may face is if their vaccine will be on the approved list. If I get a second vaccination I would prefer to get the one from Johnson and Johnson which only requires 1 shot and is readily available in the US. But I don’t think it is on the approved list.

Do any of the moderators know if the Johnson and Johnson vaccine is or will be on the approved list?

Mark

Annika
Annika
6430 posts
expert &
Jun 12, 2021 - 4:25 AM in reply to Mark

Hi Mark,

Yes, Switzerland accepts the 4 vaccines that are currently approved by the EMA: Biontech/Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca and Johnson (plus some other vaccines that are licensed according to the WHO Emergency Use listing). You can find details in the 'Switzerland Tourism corona entry' list, to be downloaded as PDF from the bottom of the first post here: www.myswissalps.com/forum/topic/does-the-corona-virus-affect-trips-to-switzerland.

The 6-month validity period is still under investigation. It might well be extended, but we don't know yet. Anyway, I hope that Switzerland's acceptance of the Johnson vaccine is good news for you!

Mark
Mark
603 posts
top member
Jun 12, 2021 - 2:12 PM in reply to Annika

Hi Annika

thanks for the link which does indeed confirm the J & J vaccine is on the approved list. We are going ahead and getting it just to be safe that we will be allowed entry.

It looks like we will need a neg COVID test to return to the US. Where is the easiest and most convenient place to be tested for our return. We will be staying in Wengen 5 nights and Sils 5 nights and Zurich airport hotel the night before we leave.

Thanks Mark

Last modified on Jun 12, 2021 - 2:13 PM by Mark
Anna
Anna
1113 posts
top member &
Jun 12, 2021 - 9:00 PM in reply to Mark

Hi Mark,

There are testing centres at Zurich Airport.

www.flughafen-zuerich.ch/en/passengers/news/corona/general-information

Regards,

Anna

Maloja Snake
Maloja Snake
75 posts
Jun 13, 2021 - 11:25 AM in reply to Mark

Hi Mark. Thanks for being a pioneer for US enthusiasts in getting back to Swiss travel. Please keep posting your experiences in planning your September return. Also, I'm personally interested in your impressions of your visit to Sils Maria, and the Waldhaus (my favorite destination in the Swiss Alps).

Best regards,

Will

Heart Voyage
Heart Voyage
8 posts
Jun 13, 2021 - 11:54 AM in reply to Anna

Hi Annika,

Do you know besides vaccination and pre negative Covid test, is there anything else US citizens are required to provide to enter Switzerland by air (connecting thru either London or Paris or Amsterdam). Thanks Annika,

Thy

Last modified on Jun 13, 2021 - 11:54 AM by Heart Voyage
Anna
Anna
1113 posts
top member &
Jun 14, 2021 - 7:49 AM in reply to Heart Voyage

Hi Heart Voyage,

You might need to fill up an entry form. You can find the online form and details here: swissplf.admin.ch/formular

Regards,

Anna

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2021