Feb 17, 2020 - 5:14 PM
in reply to Jenn Chuah
Hello Jenn Chuah,
Congratulations for having designed a reasonable plan for your visit to Bern and Zurich!
1) It depends a bit on your mum's enjoyment in walking, but basically, yes, you can walk to all those places, and from any of them to the next one. The urban transport system is very efficient and you can also use public busses or trams for many of these destinations.
2) Take a Day Pass (Tageskarte) from the ticket vending machines at any bus or tram stop. It will be valid for the whole day. Any passer-by will gladly help you if you have a problem with the ticket machine, although menus in English are available.
3) Yes, but if you get tired, just skip some. I suppose you would arrive in Bern, respectively Zurich, around 10 am, and do the visits until 5 pm before going back to Basel.
4) Of course, you will miss out many things, but I can't guess what would be better than the things you have listed, as I have no idea of your tastes.
5) Have light warm clothes to wear or to have in your handbag depending on the weather, have a rain jacket and an umbrella. You won't need gloves or winter shoes any more. Sunset will be shortly after 8 pm, and it would get dark around 8:30 pm.
Have a great time!