About us | Contact | n%2Fa | n%2Fa
Home Get in touch Forum Hiking up Sefinental Valley above Mürren
MySwissAlps features commercial and non-commercial links.

Hiking up Sefinental Valley above Mürren

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
davidheiden
davidheiden
5 posts
Jul 22, 2021 - 7:57 PM

Hi, I"ll be visiting the Bernese Alps early September, and a hike above Mürren has been highly recommended, and I'm looking for anyone with experience in this hike who might tell me about it. We're reasonably fit and capable of many #3 routes but not inclined to hikes with steep screen or dicey exposure.

The hike I'd like to learn more about is going up the Sefinental valley to Chilchbalm; also to the Rotstockhutte - can they both be done in the same loop?

many thanks,

David Heiden, San Francisco

Ildiko
Ildiko
1263 posts
top member &
Jul 22, 2021 - 8:33 PM in reply to davidheiden

Hi David,

I've never done this route before, but I've found these routes for you. These are longer routes than you need but all of them have some parts you need for a Mürren - Rotstockhütte - Chilchbalm - Gimmelwald hike.

The first one has the Mürren - Rotstockhütte part, in the second one you'll find the Rotstockhütte - Ozen part and the third one includes the Ozen - Chilchbalm - Gimmelwald part.

www.hikingwalking.com/destinations/sw/sw_bernese/lauterbrunnen/sefinen_pass/sefinen_pass_fullpagemap

gimmelwald.ch/?page_id=83&lang=en

www.hikingwalking.com/destinations/sw/sw_bernese/lauterbrunnen/chilchbalm/chilchbalm_fullpagemap

I hope this will help you. There are plenty of other hikes too in the area you might be interested in these: www.myswissalps.com/jungfrauregion/activities and www.myswissalps.com/hiking.

Ildiko

davidheiden
davidheiden
5 posts
Jul 22, 2021 - 9:45 PM in reply to Ildiko

Hi Ildiko,

Very good! exactly what I was looking for. Thank you

David

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2021