About us | Contact | n%2Fa | n%2Fa
Home Get in touch Forum Swiss cable car tickets via SBB mobile app
MySwissAlps features ads, commercial and non-commercial links.

Swiss cable car tickets via SBB mobile app

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Pat yap2004
Pat yap2004
7 posts
Jul 19, 2022 - 8:28 AM

Hi, I plan to purchase tic for cable car rides using the SBB app. Where can these tickets be retrieved and displayed? I currently have yet to purchase any tic so can't see any.

So at the cable car gates, I only need to retrieve this tic and under the scanner at the gates?

Thank you again.

regards

Arno
Arno
15415 posts
expert &
Jul 19, 2022 - 6:02 PM

Hi Pat,

I'm not sure about the app, but if you purchase your tickets from the SBB tourist web shop, you'll receive a PDF with a QR-code within minutes. You can keep that on your phone or print it. Please see https://shop.switzerlandtravelcentre.com/#/en/home. They don't sell all cable car tickets but they do offer the most popular ones.

Once you're there you can either pass the gates, or you'll receive a free ticket that works for the gates. It depends on their system.

Last modified on Jul 19, 2022 - 6:03 PM by Arno
Anna
Anna
3438 posts
expert &
Jul 19, 2022 - 6:04 PM in reply to Pat yap2004

Hi Pat yap2004,

Most mountain transportation are run by private operators. So in some cases you usually have to buy the cable car tickets separately either from a ticket machine, at the counter or from the official website. If you have a rail pass, you either pay half-price or get a free ride depending on which rail pass you have.

Let us know if you need more info.

Regards,

Anna

Last modified on Jul 20, 2022 - 5:04 AM by Arno

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2022