About us | Contact | n%2Fa | n%2Fa
Home Get in touch Forum When is the Swiss timetable for 2022 published?
MySwissAlps features commercial and non-commercial links.

When is the Swiss timetable for 2022 published?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Chris R Law
Chris R Law
2 posts
Oct 13, 2021 - 3:13 PM

Hi All

We are looking to visit Switzerland in May / June next year 2022.

When do the timetables change? Is it December as in the UK. Can I get hold of a hard copy of the timetable at all?

Many thanks in advance

Chris Law

Ildiko
Ildiko
1309 posts
top member &
Oct 14, 2021 - 12:31 PM in reply to Chris R Law

Hi Chris Law and welcome to MySwissAlps.com!

The new timetable will be published during October (ie soon), and the timetable change takes place every year in December (usually the middle of Dec).

You might find this one useful too: www.myswissalps.com/forum/topic/changes-to-the-swiss-travel-system-passes-in-2022.

You can find the timetables in pdf at www.sbb.ch/en/timetable/online-timetable/pdf-timetables/departure-posters.html (and print them) otherwise - sorry - I haven't heard of hard copy Swiss timetable.

But you can always find the timetables online: www.myswissalps.com/timetable.

Take care,
Ildiko

Chris R Law
Chris R Law
2 posts
Oct 14, 2021 - 12:57 PM in reply to Ildiko

Many thanks for quick response.

Much the same as here.

Regards

Chris Law

Snowman
Snowman
797 posts
top member
Oct 14, 2021 - 7:30 PM in reply to Chris R Law

Hi Chris,

In addition to Ildiko's accurate hints, the following:

- The date of timetable change is 12th December 2021 (and, generally speaking, on the 2nd sunday of December).

- The SBB online timetable now includes the schedules for trips after the change

- A hard copy of the timetable is, indeed, available from private publishes. My link is in French, you can change to German or Italian, but not English. You can inquire at the given address, indicateur-at-ate to find out if they would ship it to your UK address, and if the text is also in English, should you need that.

Enjoy your trip!

1960man
1960man
2801 posts
top member
Oct 21, 2021 - 12:08 AM in reply to Chris R Law

The draft 2022 timetable already exists in 'back office' form.

The Swiss stopped publishing - like many other countries - official hard copy books a few years ago, but what you might call the 'computer-based hard copy' (ie PDfs) for the whole country is readily available from the following site:

www.fahrplanfelder.ch/en/welcome.html

You can search for place names of timetable numbers and there is a facility for honing a timetable to your needs, including for the 2022 timetable. There is even a 'Complete Timetable' download available (I dare you to print the whole thig out at home!)

As an 'oldie' with rather luddite tendencies who first used the legendary hard copy Swiss Kursbuch in 1973 (I also possess copies at home dating back to the 1930s) I thought it would be the end of the world not taking a hard copy book with me. BUT the book has become increasingly cumbersome in recent years as the 'modern' layout of the hard copy timetables takes much more space to show than the old style printing. As such I tend to download PDFs to my phone

Last modified on Oct 21, 2021 - 12:11 AM by 1960man
Snowman
Snowman
797 posts
top member
Oct 21, 2021 - 1:48 PM

Thanks for providing the Fahrplanfelder link. I was aware of it but forgot how to get hold of it. These pdf pages include the postal coaches. I find them very handy when you hike in a remote area, and don't know in advance at what time you will want to take the bus or train.

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2021