About us | Contact | n%2Fa | n%2Fa
Home Get in touch Forum Swiss Travel Pass promotion until 31 Oct 2022
MySwissAlps features ads, commercial and non-commercial links.

Swiss Travel Pass promotion until 31 Oct 2022

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Arno
Arno
15693 posts
expert &
Sep 12, 2022 - 6:19 AM

Hello travelers,

The 4-day Swiss Travel Pass is currently 30% discounted! You'll be able to pick a start date up to 6 months ahead.

The prices are:

• 2nd class 4-day Swiss Travel Pass: CHF 199 instead of 281
  • 1st class 4-day Swiss Travel Pass: CHF 315 instead of 447

You can buy the discounted passes here:

Find all purchase options here: www.myswissalps.com/swisstravelpass/promotions

Tip: be sure to buy the discounted 4-day pass, even if you only need the 3-day Swiss Travel Pass. For example: a 3-day 2nd class Swiss Travel Pass costs CHF 232, while the discounted 4-day Swiss Travel Pass is only CHF 199! You'll still save 14%.

More details:

• The promotion expires on 31 October 2022.
  • The latest start date of the discounted passes is 30 April 2023.
  • The discount only applies to the 4-day Swiss Travel Pass, both 2nd and 1st class. There is no discount on the Youth pass, Swiss Travel Pass Flex, Swiss Half Fare Card, or any other pass.
  • You need to pick a start date while purchasing.
  • Always read the fine print of the website you buy from. In most cases, free or cheap cancellation is allowed.
  • The discounted passes are no different from the regular Swiss Travel Pass. All benefits are included. Find out more here: www.myswissalps.com/swisstravelpass.
  • You can check www.myswissalps.com/swisstravelpass/promotions for discounts at any time, even after this promotion.

I didn't expect a Swiss Travel Pass discount this year, because there were two promotions last year. So this is very good news. I recommend to take advantage of it, as I am pretty sure there won't be another offer like this for the coming months (this assessment comes with no guarantees).

Enjoy your trips!

Last modified on Sep 19, 2022 - 2:11 PM by Arno
Riley
Riley
2 posts
Sep 14, 2022 - 12:46 AM in reply to Arno

Hi Arno,

I’m leaving for Geneva on Sept 19th, first day of the Swiss Travel Pass sale. Three Questions for you: First, I need an 8 day pass so can I buy two 4 day passes and use them as my 8 day pass? Second, How soon before leaving should I buy the pass? And Third, i have read somewhere that you can use a e pass on your phone and that you don’t need to print the pass. Do I need a printed copy even if I have an e-pass?

thank you,

Arno
Arno
15693 posts
expert &
Sep 14, 2022 - 4:59 AM

Hi Riley,

I recommend to buy a regular 8-day Swiss Travel Pass. It's cheaper than two 4-day passes, even with the promotion. You can buy it at any time from any of the websites listed here: www.myswissalps.com/swisstravelpass/price

The pass is a PDF so you can keep it on your phone. There's no obligation to print, but it can be a handy backup. Please find more details here: www.myswissalps.com/swisstravelpass/howtouse.

Last modified on Sep 14, 2022 - 4:59 AM by Arno
pkerr
pkerr
244 posts
Sep 14, 2022 - 12:58 PM in reply to Riley

For me personally, I ALWAYS have a paper back up of any document on my phone in the event the phone is unavailable. (dead battery, lost or broken)

Klabru
Klabru
6 posts
Sep 15, 2022 - 2:16 AM

We’re travelling to Switzerland on Sep 29. How come it still shows CHF281 for 4 days for the Travel Pass?

Balaji pitch
Balaji pitch
22 posts
Sep 15, 2022 - 8:38 AM in reply to Klabru

Discounted tickets are purchasable Only “from September 19! You'll be able to pick a start date up to 6 months ahead.”

Ildiko
Ildiko
2515 posts
expert &
Sep 15, 2022 - 8:54 AM in reply to Klabru

Hi Klabru,

Yes, it is correct, the promotion has not yet started. It will start on September 19. You'll see the discounted Swiss Travel Pass prices only from then.

Take care,

Ildiko

Klabru
Klabru
6 posts
Sep 15, 2022 - 1:04 PM in reply to Ildiko

Thanks for the info. Ill buy it next week then.

Nstpie
Nstpie
41 posts
Sep 16, 2022 - 3:03 PM in reply to Arno

This is wonderful news for our upcoming trip! We had to cancel our trip last Spring which also meant canceling the STP which we purchased on sale. ( and this website helped us with our refund, which we are gratefully beholding to you! ) Now we can purchase again at another great deal. Thank you for this bit of happy news!

Klabru
Klabru
6 posts
Sep 17, 2022 - 7:55 PM

Can you get a discount on Top of Europe pass if you have the Swiss Travel Pass?

mrcet007
mrcet007
3 posts
Sep 18, 2022 - 8:57 AM in reply to Arno

I am travelling end of September. Any promotion for going to top of jungfrau? Current price is CHF 210.

Arno
Arno
15693 posts
expert &
Sep 18, 2022 - 10:02 AM in reply to Nstpie

Hi Nstpie, that's good news for your trip indeed! I hope you'll finally have a wonderful stay in Switzerland.

Arno
Arno
15693 posts
expert &
Sep 18, 2022 - 10:05 AM in reply to Klabru

Hello Klabru,

No, unfortunately not. Swiss Half Fare Card holders (https://www.myswissalps.com/swisshalffarecard) are entitled to a discount on the Top of Europe Pass, but Swiss Travel Pass holders (https://www.myswissalps.com/swisshalffarecard) are not.

Alternatively you can look into the Jungfrau Travel Pass (https://www.myswissalps.com/jungfrautravelpass) or the Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland (https://www.myswissalps.com/regionalpassberneseoberland). Both are discounted for Swiss Travel Pass holders:

Arno
Arno
15693 posts
expert &
Sep 18, 2022 - 10:10 AM in reply to mrcet007

Hi mrcetoo7, welcome to MySwissAlps!

No, not that we're aware of. But you'll get a 25% discount on Jungfraujoch tickets if you have a Swiss Travel Pass. A 25% discounted return ticket will cost CHF 140.60 during your travel dates. Please see

Does that help you out?

Klabru
Klabru
6 posts
Sep 18, 2022 - 1:54 PM in reply to Arno

But isn’t it true that the Jungfrau Travel pass doesn’t include travel to Jungfraujoch? You have to pay about CHF 75 to reach the top. So is the CHF 190 3 day JTP before the 25% discount? If it is , it might still be cheaper than paying full price on the Top of Europe Pass .

Arno
Arno
15693 posts
expert &
Sep 18, 2022 - 2:28 PM in reply to Klabru

Hi Klabru,

Yes, that's true. The Jungfrau Travel Pass doesn't include the entire trip up to Jungfraujoch:

But it has other benefits that the Top of Europe Pass doesn't have. So it depends on the total of your plans which pass is more economical.

A 3-day Jungfrau Travel Pass including the 25% discount for Swiss Travel Pass holders costs CHF 143. You can check prices through https://www.myswissalps.com/jungfrautravelpass/price. The prices displayed there are full fares. Once you get to the website of the 1st reseller in the list, you can indicate that you have a Swiss Travel Pass and see the discounted prices. Here's the direct link: https://www.happyrail.com/en/pass/europe/switzerland/jungfrau-travel-pass (choose "Adult w. Swiss Travel Pass" from the drop-down list).

If you want to make sure which pass is most economical for your plans, this page can help: https://www.myswissalps.com/train/ticketspasses/practical/chooserailpass.

Last modified on Sep 18, 2022 - 2:28 PM by Arno
Klabru
Klabru
6 posts
Sep 18, 2022 - 3:14 PM in reply to Arno

Thank you very much Arno. I will definitely look into this and choose the best option for us. You’ve been very helpful. Love this forum!

MsYenY
MsYenY
1 post
Sep 19, 2022 - 7:27 AM in reply to Arno

Hi Arno! I really love MySwissAlps, and it has greatly helped me on my previous trip and in planning for this upcoming one.

My husband and I will be in Switzerland for 10 days on 11 Oct. It's quite a fair amount to spend on a 15-day STP especially since we're from Malaysia and the exchange rate is really high now. Noted there is a promotion for the 4-day STP, but not the others. If there was a 10-day STP, that'd be perfect!

Do you have any tips on how we could save a little on transport? We expect to be flexible on our schedule though, and we're basing ourselves in 3 towns/cities and probably make day trips a lot. Hence still praying for a reduction/promotion for our dates.

mrcet007
mrcet007
3 posts
Sep 19, 2022 - 9:01 AM

Thanks for the tip! Just bought the STP.

Is there a way to add/import this pass to the sbb mobile app/account?

mrcet007
mrcet007
3 posts
Sep 19, 2022 - 10:03 AM

@arno

Found another campaign. 4 day pass for CHF 139 + Trial Half Fare Travelcard for CHF 33 = 172 CHF

This is cheaper than CHF 199 for 4 day pass you shared originally correct?

With Trial Half Fare Travelcard, we even get 50% off for ticket to top of jungfrau.

Question

1. So is this not a better deal than 199 CHF? Could you please confirm?

2. I live in Netherlands. Would that make me ineligible to buy Trial Half Fare Travelcard?

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More

Who's MySwissAlps.com?
We're passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about planning a trip to Switzerland since 2002.
More about usNewsletter signup

© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2022