About us | Contact | n%2Fa | n%2Fa
Home Get in touch Forum Train from Milan to Spiez on Christmas Day
MySwissAlps features ads, commercial and non-commercial links.

Train from Milan to Spiez on Christmas Day

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
JB70
JB70
2 posts
Sep 27, 2022 - 5:43 AM

Hi there! I'm trying to book train tickets from Milan to Spiez on Christmas Day this year (which happens to fall on a Sunday). I was hoping to take the 11.20am Eurocity EC52 leaving from Milano Central, but the Trenitalia website only shows the 7.20am, 8.20am, 3.2opm and 6.20pm departures as available. The SBB website does show the 11.20am connection as available, but I'm unable to purchase the ticket (the error message on the SBB website: "PLEASE NOTE that we are unable to calculate or issue tickets for the complete standard offer."

Could anyone advise if this means that the 11.20am EC52 is fully sold out or if it just hasn't been loaded into the system yet? Or is this reduced schedule typical over the Christmas holiday period?

Thank you in advance for your help :)

Trainliner
Trainliner
95 posts
Sep 27, 2022 - 2:23 PM in reply to JB70

I could imagine that there is a misconfiguration between the SBB and Trenitalia timetables. The annual timetable change will take place on 11 DEC, the data for the new timetable might be not complete for now or the train is not running on this day

You can contact SBB to have clarity:

www.sbb.ch/en/help-and-contact.html

Anna
Anna
3919 posts
expert &
Sep 27, 2022 - 5:59 PM in reply to JB70

Hi JB70,

Welcome to MySwissAlps.

In addition to Trainliner's suggestion, you can also find information about travel and tickets from Italy to Switzerland here: www.myswissalps.com/traintickets/italy

Hope this helps.

regards,

Anna

JB70
JB70
2 posts
Oct 1, 2022 - 3:37 AM

Hi Trainliner and Anna, thank you so much for your reply! I'll take you up on both suggestions and contact SBB to confirm if the 11.20am train will be running on December 25th. The information section on train travel between Switzerland and Italy is very helpful too :)

Last modified on Oct 1, 2022 - 3:37 AM by JB70
1960man
1960man
4392 posts
expert
Oct 1, 2022 - 5:28 PM

Italian railways have never been known for efficiency. I can imagine that the Italian railways have perhaps not sorted out their timetables for next year yet.

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More

Who's MySwissAlps.com?
We're passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about planning a trip to Switzerland since 2002.
More about usNewsletter signup

© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2022